Custom Hand-Crafted, covered by the Industry’s #1 Warranty for the Best Plantation Shutters, in both Composite and Real Wood.
Limited Time Only… 35% discount on select treatments!
Plantation Shutters in Lafayette LA
Most people assume all shutters are the same, and built alike.
We offer the #1 Selling Interior Shutter in the World, and there is a reason why it’s the best selling. Don’t be fooled by inferior products out there. Here is what makes the difference.
Timeless design with a beauty that transcends most all decors. Either by themselves or layered with curtains, they remain stylish.
Look at the difference in quality and you will see why we stand out above all the competition.
Contact My Blind Lady in Lafayette La to schedule your in home consultation today.
Why Our Shutters are Superior
- Mortise and Tenon Joinery – Helps your shutters withstand years of stress and racking forces. Others may use dowel joinery.
- Prescription Wood Conditioning – The wood shutters moisture level is customized to the region it be in. A one of a kind drying process helps reduce shrinking or swelling after install.
- Recessed Magnets– Embedded Magnets don’t stick out, which cause light leakage.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty– Industry’s #1 Warranty and best from Norman.
- Stainless Staples – Last longer and less susceptible from corrosion. Barbed hook ends allow for better hold over the decades.
- Quarter Sawn Louvers – Different from inexpensive flat sawn louvers in wood shutters, quater sawn louvers are tighter grain and are least likely to warp or twist.
Types of Window Shutters
Engineered / Composite Shutters have a solid MDF Core. Offering great density and strength. Polypropylene Coating for durability. CLICK HERE to See More!
Real Wood Shutters
100% Premium Hardwood Shutters. . CLICK HERE to see more about Real Wood Shutters
Cafe Shutter and Specialty Shapes
Such as Cafe Shutters or Arch top.. CLICK HERE to see more!
How much do shutters cost?
The process to build custom sized shutters is labor intensive. Therfore they tend to be on the higher side of window treatment costs. In addition, there are other elements that can play a role such as the size of the windows, Real Wood or Composite Wood, Arch top vs. Flat, and other components.
Composite and Faux Wood is usually a cost savings. They tend to hold up best as the protective coatings used make it resilient to moisture.
Specialty shapes will add to the pricing as it takes more constructive ability to produce.
However, don’t forget that Interior Shutters add value to the home and you will realize some added value to your home.
What is the difference between plantation shutters and traditional shutters?
Traditional shutters are found in older homes, the louvers are smaller in size than today’s shutters. Louver or slat sizes can run from a small 1.5″ , 2.5″, 3, 3.5″ and 4.5″. The size you are mostly seeing around Lafayette is the 3.5″ louver.
“We love our shutters. They did a great job! Very knowledgeable and great prices. Fast and easy install and delivered on time! Definitely recommend Jeannette and Shane!” .
“I had blinds installed in my sunroom. My Blind Lady did an awesome job! Very pleased!” .
“Very pleased with their products and services. Followed their advice on our selections for shades in our new home and love the outcome. Definitely would not have looked this good if we had decided to do this on our own!” .